Monday, February 25, 2008

SYDNEY EXPLORING



Well this is where I am staying, Central YHA in Sydney. I am sharing a room with three other women. They change most nights, but it is good fun and the facilities here are great. They have a swimming pool, sauna, and their laundry room is good, so I am quite happy.

After meeting up with Carmel for the first day I took myself off to explore the next day. I love wandering and seeing where it will take me. I found Darling Harbour, where I checked out the maritime museum.Then I got a weekly ticket for ferries,buses and trains and hopped onto the nearest ferry to Watson Bay. The views of the bridge and opera house were stunning.


I just kept getting on ferries all afternoon going to and from various beautiful places including Manly beach.
The next day was Carmel's birthday so I got up early and caught the bus to Bondi beach to meet her for breakfast.As I got there very earlyI took a stroll along the beach and I was amazed to see this boat load of fellas jsut speeding into the shoreline. I thought all my prayers had been answered at once!!



But sadly it was just the local coastguard chaps out for an early morning training session. But I had to take a picture of them in their little trunks!! Carmel tells me they are known as "Budgie smugglers" which I think is hilarious.
I then met up with the birthday girl and we had a very healthy breakfast at this lovely little cafe just off the seafront. Carmel has such a nice lifestyle here in Sydney.

We went for a little walk along the coatline and I was blown away by how beautiful it was.

And by all the gorgeous fit men out jogging!! It is enough to make one want to take up running!!
But we had to go to prepare for Carmel's birthday bash later that day.

2 comments:

Liz and Keith ......on the beach said...

We saw the "Budgie Smugglers" on Bondi Beach while we were there at Christmas and we have got lots of lovely photos!! Bring back speedos I say! Try and get a train to The Blue Mountains it is beautiful and well worth a visit. Also try and go to the North Bondi Italian for that Flying Pizza Experience!! XxX

Liz and Keith ......on the beach said...

while you are in oz, get carmel to show you how to turn the pictures round!
keith x