Monday, February 25, 2008

BIRTHDAY BASH


Carmel opening her birthday present from Grandma Sylvia.

There was a lot of work to be done for the party. But Carmel and I managed to pop to Bondi beach for a bit of sunbathing first. I could stay there all day, but Carmel is not really a beach bum, so after an hour we retreated to shop for the party.

The quality of the fruit and veg in the shops is so much better than we get in England!
Carmel and her housemates, who were lovely and made me feel very welcome, spent ages decorating the garden with bunting and various games to create the feel of a garden fete. It looked fantastic.


Carmel also made a very good punch, from a special recipe.

Shady and Christina being domestic goddesses.

There was also a major operation in the kitchen to produce CUPCAKES, which tasted delicious. My contribution was to suggested 'Guess the number of sweets in a jar' game. Thankfully that went down well and Matt was thrilled when he won the sweets!!
The party was great fun. I really enjoyed myself chatting with Carmel's friends who are so lovely. I just know that Sammie is going to love it here!! I cannot wait for her to arrive!!

1 comment:

Sammie.Xx said...

dont worry.... the biggest beach bum of the family will be there soon!! love you loads (bring on the tan!!) xx xx