Monday, February 25, 2008

MUI NE

CATCH UP VIETNAM BLOG

From Na trang I took another hair raising bus trip further south to Mui Ne which is such a beautiful place. The coastline is a silvery, greyish blue colour, the mountains in the background look like a slate grey and the sun shimmers over the water. I felt a lot more tranquille.

I trudged along the road in the blazing sunshine for half an hour with my rucksack trying to find somewhere to stay. Because of the new year holidays again most places were full. Eventually I got the last room in Lucy's resort.It was a little bit of paradise.


With a swimming pool and a nice palm tree garden with hammocks and swings to lounge around in. I booked in for five days and decided that I would not bother rushing around any more.I met a German called Katerina and she was married to Paul, a Canadian. They lived in Ho Chi Minh and they arranged a hotel for me to go to when I got there.

I hired a scooter and went exploring again.The fishing village was beautiful with the blue colourful boats in harbour.

There were also some famous sand dunes,

which are very difficult to climb.The photo is deseptive, they were very very steep and it was so easy to loose your sense of direction because it all looks the same. And of course all that climbing meant that i needed massages. The girl on the beach only charged about three pounds for a one and a half hour massage. I had one every day.

I met up with some Canadians and an Italian girl and hung out with them a lot.They were good fun.


then moved onto Ho Chi Minh.

1 comment:

Sheilaabroad said...

It is so good reading your blog and knowing you are ok. I get butterflies in my stomoach each time I think you areat risk!

Love to all

Sheila.

xxxx