Friday, June 6, 2008

WELLINGTON

I was lucky that Nicole,the daughter of Kate and Lyn's neighbour, Andrew, was travelling back to Wellington. She offered me a lift.We had a great drive down through Rotorua.We stopped for a while by lake Taupo,which is beautiful. She also had to do a bit of work and check out the fences at an electricity sub station on route.



The views on the journey were fantastic.
I booked into the YHA in Wellington. It is very central, so I went for a wander round the city. I really liked the feel of it. I was sharing a room with three other girls. I climbed to the top of Mount Victoria with one girl from LA .We had a great view over Wellington.

We were lucky with the weather as well, because it rained enough to cool us down but not too much so that we did not enjoy the climb.
We also went up on a cable car ride for another overview of Wellington..

Then we went back to the YHA and met up with another girl in our room. All three of us went out for a good night on the town.
It was great fun.I ended up going to bed at three in the morning.
This was not a good idea as I had to get up at six thirty to go for the ferry to the south Island. Needless to say I did not feel very well on the ferry trip between the north and south islands!!
But the views were beautiful,so that cheered me up.
I was heading to Nelson to meet up with Carolyn, the girl that I had travelled with for three weeks in Northern Queensland in Australia. But when I was about to board my bus at the ferry terminal in Picton I turned round and she was standing there!!!! She was on another bus that had arrived from the south. It was good to see her again. We travelled well together last time.
We booked into the YHA in Nelson for six days. Another friend,Rachel, who I travelled with in the outback in Australia, came to meet up with us. We got a triple room and hung out together in Nelson. It is a really lovely city.

No comments: