Friday, June 6, 2008

OPOTIKI WOOD SPLITTING AND TREK

When Kate and Lyn asked me to come and stay they said that Friday would be wood splitting day and it would be ALL HANDS ON DECK!So when the machine arrived we all got to work.
The blade just ploughs though the big bits of wood and splits them. Then I got busy stacking the smaller bits of wood in the sheds for the winter.

They even let me have a go at using the machine, but it was a bit too scary for me with the massive bits of wood. So I just stuck to stacking!


It was great fun, but I was shattered when we finally stacked the last bit of wood. Every muscle ached.
On the Saturday we had a lazy day, then went round to Kate and Lyn's neighbour, Richard, to watch the final of their national rugby tournament. All the guests brought some food and it was great fun. But you could have heard a pin drop when I said that I thought the referee had made the right decision sending one of their players off after he hit someone!!! All eyes were on me, but they decided to forgive me and a good night was had by all!!!Thankfully their team won!!
The next day Kate, Lyn and her sister-in -law Susan and I went on a hike.
The weather was perfect and the scenery was beautiful. We had a great time.



We stopped by the river in the valley for a picnic.







No comments: