Wednesday, April 2, 2008

SHELLY BEACH

Sammie has been lucky with the weather so far. Bright sunshine everyday.
We got the ferry from Darling harbour to Circular Quay. Then took the ferry to Manly and walked along to Shelly beach, which is really pretty.
We met up with Annabel and her son Fin
and spent a few lazy few hours sunbathing and chatting. We also watched a wedding on the beach, which is a perfect setting. We had a fantastic fish takeaway from a little cafe on the edge of the beach. A little while later Hannah, a German girl that I met in Batemans Bay, came to meet up with us for a while.
She is a nanny in Sydney, but her job finishes in a couple of weeks and she heads off back to Germany. It was great to see her again.
Sammie and I were then supposed to meet up with Carmel in the evening for dinner in Watson's Bay. It would have taken ages getting ferries to get there. But she is working so hard on the preparations for the Sydney film festival,which is on next month, that she cancelled. And to be honest Sammie and I were relieved as we were trying to do too much in a day. I know I can hear you all now saying that is typical of Siobhan!!!

So Sammie and took a leisurely ferry ride back into Sydney and enjoyed the night time views of the bridge(That I risked my life to climb!!!!!)

and the impressive skyline.


And for all you photographers out there .....I know I need to hold the camera steady on the night time exposure, but you try it on a bumpy boat!!!! you get the idea at least of how impressive the skyline is.

No comments: