Thursday, April 3, 2008

LAST FEW DAYS IN BONDI

Sammie has loved walking along the coast near Bondi beach.

And we have also been lucky because the YHA in Bondi has a brilliant roof terrace overlooking the sea where you can chill with bean bags and read.

There has been plenty of time to relax inbetween the long walks along the cliffs in Bondi. Sammie says her leg muscles are killing her because I have walked her so much.
We finally got to meet up with Carmel, to treat her to a belated birthday meal at a lovely Italian restaurant at the end of Bondi Beach. The atmosphere reminded me a bit of the Flying Pizza in its hey day in Leeds. But I have to say that the view over here is a lot more impressive than Street Lane in Leeds.

The food was delicious, I had my fish filleted at the table by a very nice waitor!! which all added to the experience!.
The next day Sammie and I chilled out on Bronte beach. This is my favourite beach near Bondi.

We then got the bus into Sydney to meet up with Katherine, Emma and Lucas, who I met in Cambodia.

They had heard me talk about Sammie so much they were eager to meet up with her. We went to the Rooftop bar in Sydney. It is an amazing venue, outside amongst the skyscrapers, with live music.We had a great night!


And plenty of cocktails.

1 comment:

Sheilaabroad said...

Good to know you are having fun in true Daniels style with a drink or few! LOL

Sammie I am so jealous!

Have added to my blog too :-)

xxx