Saturday, March 29, 2008

CHAMPAGNE TASTING

Ok so I was not there at the airport to meet Sammie on time but her holiday got off to a good start after that with a bit of Champagne tasting (I know it is not made in the champagne region, but it is made the same way as Champagne so its as good as the real thing!!!) in the Yarra Valley, with Rob and Heather.

We got a selection of four Champagnes to try and a lovely cheese platter.The scenery was beautiful as well.

Some of my friends got me a travel ted when I was due to leave England but I forgot him in the bed when I left. Well we have been reunited thanks to Sammie, she bought him out. Here he is enjoying his first sleep in in Australia.




That night we had a lovely roast dinner with all the family including , Brylee and her boyfriend Pete, her sister Stacee and Rob and Heather.


The next day Sammie and I got up early and got a train into Melbourne city and went sightseeing.
We went for a long walk along the southbank and had breakfast.

We got a fantastic view of the city from the top of the Realto tower.
We visited Captain Cooks cottage.

It was bought over from Great Ayton in Britain years ago and rebuilt in the park in Melbourne to commemorate his voyage of discovery.



We got a tram to St Kilda beach on the edge of the city, where Sammie finally put her feet in the Australian sea.



All that walking made us thirsty so we chilled out with a couple of fruit juices on the top of a bar overlooking the beach. And of course Travel ted joined us.



When we got back home to our friend house they treated us to a real Aussie Barbie, Rob even got into the role, swigging back the beers as he threw the meat on the barbie!!!

It was great fun. They have been so kind to us and we have loved staying with them. The final day Heather managed to get the day off work and Stacee, Brylee ,Heather, Sammie and I went to Ramsey street to check out where they film Neighbours. It was so exciting!!!!!




We had lunch then they dropped us at the airport for our flight to Sydney. I was very nervous when we overheard the airport checkin staff say that two planes had been grounded because they had been struck by lightening on the ground and they needed to carry out electrical tests on them before they could fly again. The skies were black and I have to say I was glad when we landed in Sydney.







No comments: