Wednesday, March 26, 2008

AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL and SAMMIE'S ARRIVAL

Rob and Heather and I drove into Melbourne and had a wander round.

Then we went to see an Australian football game. They support the Western Bulldogs and they were playing Adalaide.


Rob said that their team would more than likely get beaten. But it was an amazing game. They helped me to understand some of the rules. Strangely it is like a mixture of rugby and football. They run with the ball but they also throw and kick it. There are also FOUR goalposts either end of the oval pitch. If they kick the ball through the middle goals it is six points. If they get it through either side of the middle goal posts it is a point. And if they hit a post it is a point!!! with me so far!!! and if they catch the ball when it is kicked to them they can decide to kick it at goal or not!!. I have to say it was one of the most exciting sports games I have seen and we where thrilled when the Western Bulldogs won in the last seconds of the game by three points, because the opposition missed a kick at goal!!!

It was finally time for Sammie to arrive!!!! Her flight was due in at eleven thirty at night so we just chilled and waited to head off for the airport at ten o clock. Ten minutes in the car and my phone went. I missed the call but thought I would try Sammie's number, but it could not be her as she was not due in for another hour and a half!!! yes you have guessed it. She answered her phone saying "Where are you? I am in arrivals!!" I had got the time wrong for her flight. I felt sick in my stomach. Rob drove so fast and we got there half an hour later. I ran through the arrivals door on the phone saying "Where are you?"When we spotted each other and I just ran over to her. Heather was chasing behind and she took a lovely photo of us hugging each other and crying.


I was so glad to see her.


I just could not believe that she was finally here!! I will never live it down that my daughter flies half way around the world to see me and I am not even there to greet her as she comes through the arrival doors.But I will make it up to her, we are going to have a great time!!


Poor Heather even shed a few tears. She said everyone was looking at us when I ran over to Sammie and started hugging her and crying. But I was totally oblivious to what was going on around me. I just wanted Sammie to know how thrilled I was she was here to chill out with her mother.

1 comment:

Sheilaabroad said...

And me too! tears in my eyes as I read this blog!
Have a wanderfull time together, I know you will.
keep control of the spending though the money has to last a long time :-)
Nearly finished here then home briefly before heding back to Italy. Can't wait it feels like going home too.

Love you both loads

Sheila xxxx