Monday, March 3, 2008

BONDI

Michelle, one of the girls in my four bed dorm in Bondi beach, and I decided to go for a walk along Bondi beach. We got caught in the rain so we went for some lunch. I ordered good old fashioned stuffed chicken. She on the otherhand decided to try a bit of (SKIPPY!) Kangaroo. It took ages to come and the waiter came over to apologise. I said that was because they were still trying to catch Skippy, who was still hopping around the kitchen. Eventually it came and I had to have a try.

It was very tender and ok but I was glad I was not having any more than a taste. I can at least I can add Kangaroo to the list of strange things I have eaten on this trip. Will have to try snake next!

The following day was very windy and rainy. We sheltered from the rain but got a birds eye view of the local life guard doing his morning training of pushups,swimming across the harbour and running back again.

Not bad entertainment over a pot of tea!

Then the sun came out so we walked along the cliffs to Coogee beach


and we met some interesting insects on route.

I took a picture of this big spider, which frightened me to death. The next few days when I did that route I walked in the middle of the road rather than come face to face with it again.We got the bus and headed into Sydney and had a few drinks in the Opera House cocktail bar to recover.


Saturday was the big Mardi Gras parade in Sydney but I decided to go and see the world final of the Iron man competition on Coogee beach.And I have to say even with their budgie smugglers on those guys are so fit.



They swim a circuit in the sea, then Kayake the same circuit, then paddle a board around it. 18 start, that is whittled down to 12 and they do the same circuits again!! then they are reduced to the last six and they do the same circuits again. They are so fit!! I really am loving my time here is Australia. Met Carmel later in the day and we did another walk along the cliff tops and had a good natter and a hot chocolate.
!

1 comment:

Sheilaabroad said...

God Siobhan I love you and your inocence and view of life! I so wish I was not so itense about mine!

happy days darling they are your life memories!

xxxx