Monday, March 3, 2008

BLUE MOUNTAINS

Yesterday I went up the Sydney skytower, the tallest building in Sydney, and got a birds eye view over the city and the harbours.

I thought it was a breathtaking view.

Today I got up very early and took a two hour train ride to Katoomba in the Blue Mountains. It is a World Heritage site. Luckily for me they were able to let me check into my room at the YHA when I arrived at half past nine. Normally you cannot check in until midday. So I hopped onto the shuttle bus and headed off straight away to explore the Blue mountains. Everyone says they are amazing but nothing prepared me for how amazing they are. The grand canyon is massive!

I got off the shuttle bus at a viewing point that looked across at the rock formation called the Three Sisters.


The Panorama is something to behold, you could also see Jamison Valley.
I then took a two hour round walk through the bush to the waterfalls and the skytour viewing area. I even met someone from Tunbridge Wells on one of the viewing platforms, it really is a small world.
I did scare myself a bit as I was walking along wondering if there were spiders and snakes, but then I had a stern talk with myself and got on with the walk and it was ok.
I am feeling shattered now so I have retreated back to the YHA and will do another long walk tomorrow exploring the Australian bush. I have been very lucky because the weather forcast for the couple of days I am here is good. I do want to bring Sammie back here.


There is the worlds steepest cable train rides and I will only do it if she does!!!!I watched it from a distance and I have never seen anything like it!

2 comments:

Liz and Keith ......on the beach said...

we did the cable train ride, it is the most amazing thing if you get the chance, ride it from the bottom up to the top.your blogs are reminding us of how great our oz trip was!

Sammie.Xx said...

Heights i can do....... bugs, not so much! xx xx