Tuesday, May 20, 2008

GOODBYE AUSTRALIA

I took the plane from Alice Springs to Sydney and settled into the YHA in central Sydney for the last time. I have been through here so many times on my journey in Australia that I felt like I had come home for a while!
That evening I met up with some friends who live in Sydney.Katherine, Emma and Lucas. I met them some months back in Cambodia.We had a lovely meal and said our goodbyes.
We promised to meet up again in England.
The next day I went shopping for warm clothes for my trip to New Zealand. I was lucky that Kathmandu had a 40% sale on, so I got all the things that I needed at a good price.I walked along to Sydney harbour and had a nice lunch at a cafe opposite the harbour bridge and then wandered along to the Sydney Opera Hourse, where I had a glass of champagne to toast the great time I have had here in Australia!!!
Later in the day I met Carmel and we went for a fantastic meal together to say our goodbyes.
I was particularly pleased that she met up with me as she is so snowed under with work on the film festival at the moment.It was very sad saying Goodbye to her because I do not know when I will see her again and we have had some brilliant times together, especially climbing the harbour bridge with Sammie!!!
But we have hatched a plan to try and meet up again in Canada when she goes to the Toronto film festival later in the year.We will see if we can match up our dates.
Tomorrow morning I fly to New Zealand for ten weeks and I am so excited!!!!Everyone says it is such a beautiful place and I cannot wait to check it out.

1 comment:

Carmel said...

So long, farewell Siobhan! It's been fab having you here in Australia, popping in and out of Sydney. I'll miss you heaps, have an amazing time in NZ and fingers crossed we'll hook up in Canada in September.
Lots of love,
Carmelxox