Monday, December 3, 2007

the journey begins....

Well, said my sad farewells to Fiona this morning. Thanked her for letting me use her flat and office space for the past week. Managed to check in onto the flight last night so it was easy at the airport today.

Phil and Denise dropped me at Tonbridge station to get the train to London. We all kept giggling at the fact i was actually setting off.
Managed to make my way to Heathrow airport. But have to say the rucksac is very heavy and a pain at times on the underground! I will have to have a rethink in Bangkok and see if there is anything I can leave behind.

Nicola came to see me off. It was only when she asked me when I would be back and I responded "15th of October next year" that the true enormity of what I am embarking on hit me. I am so excited and cannot wait to get on the plane.
Going for a well earned glass of champagne before I head for the boarding gates.
Thank you to everyone who has sent good wishes and all the pressies.
HERE GOES!!!! XXX

3 comments:

Liz and Keith ......on the beach said...

Only you could look soooooooo chic with a rucsac on your back! I get butterflies every time I think about the adventure you are about to embark on, go for it girl! Love you loads. Lizzy Dripping X

fifidelabonbon said...

great to know your adventure has begun

fifidelabonbon said...

You seem to be having a very sociable but also independent time! Lovely cold bright weather here as we all psyche ourselves up for the festive season with too much food and drink. looking forward to Sammie and Ryan's arrival on Daturday. Lots of love F X